Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Ornaments are done Onsdag

I am very happy to say, I have made another Christmas ornament, and since it is a gift, that is another gift to tick of my to-do-list. 
So I am showing off my Christmas angel cat and the one I made before. I rather like them.
I have thought about it, and I need to make four more in this series this year. 
Since I have used the floss double I am already out of white floss, but since I have heaps in my stash I am not too worried.

What I AM a little worried about lately though, is a present that I have been doing on and off for the past two years. I was seeing the light in the end of the tunnel and not a moment too soon because I was out of a particular colour thread. And then it happened, the repeat I was doing did not match up with the other side…. Oh the horror, the first repeat I made is one square to much up and the entire repeat must be frogged and done again. And as I said earlier my predicament lies in the thread that is alas empty. I do not think that I can manage frogging and keeping all of the floss I have, there is bound to be some spillage and then I am sort that particular thread. And it is a weird DMC thread too, no number and very thick orangy. Oh, well I must throw in the towel and ask Permin for a replacement and hope that it will come in time for the holidays… Wish me luck.

It is the square one here…. And as you can see, it will look really wonky if I don't fix this mistake...

No comments: