Wednesday 25 May 2011

Oh, wait a minute, I forgot!



Do you remember the mouse I made last month? Well, I forgot to show you the bird I made from the same magazine. It was a couple of freebies from the " Enjoy Cross stitch wildlife" mag number 5. Which is now sold out. It came with a lot of floss and cards and stickers. So naturally I had to have it.
I finished the mouse fairly quickly, but the bluetit took a little while longer. They have matching round gold frames. The mouse already live in my mothers house









But anyway, tadah, here it is. It looks really cute. Unfortunately it does not look very neat inside the frame. A little wrinkles and stuff, don't know how I managed that, but the mouse looks good in its frame.
I have no idea why it took me forever to finish it either, there was only a little green leafs left, but then again, I have an idea why. The other thing missing was the backstitch, and how I hate backstitch. Shame too, because it took me less than an hour to finish up. And I think the back-stitching took me ten minutes. Why is backstitch such a pain? Why do I have to force myself to do them?
But I have to admit, the backstitching is what makes the piece.

2 comments:

Brenna said...

Must agree this time. The bird would've looked very incomplete without legs xD

Vilje Vanilje said...

Haha, Agree:P It did not look much like a bird without the backstitching, even if it would have had legs. Looking forward to you coming here btw.