Friday 3 June 2016

Superstars and Cannonballs and Friday

TGIF!
It is Friday! And I do have a finish...
I made this bolero, in Viking Nordlys, I bought a 100 gram ball at the old local shop which started selling yarn after we moved. Buu. This bolero used up 66 grams, so I have some left, I wanted to make one for me, but this is too tight a fit, so my plan is to buy some more of the same yarn and use this as a template to make one in my size.
So now the question is if it is a size XS of a child's size... Do I know any children this would fit? Not really. But it was a fun make, I made it with a 4 hook and spent two evenings on it.

I should have made more Maybelle flowers those nights, but my finger was a bit sore from using such a small hook so I took a break. But I do think I have tripled my flower yield since I picked them up again. 88 flowers done now and since I only had 17 when I picked them up I am quite pleased. If I can make 16 flowers out of every skein I will have 256 flowers when done and that might me enough...

Although not if the yarn continues to be stupid, here I had to cut off almost a meter because one of the threads was cut off and made knots at each end.

#Stupid yarn!


Here is what I bought at the MiddelalderFestival we were at on Sunday in the rain, a small beautiful little basket that my flowers have already grown out of...
And I have used up another two colours on my stash busting acrylic baby blanket the light blue and pink at the left end were done yesterday. But Nille where I bought the yarn are saying most Nille stores now have discontinued the yarn so I guess I can't buy any more blue and it will become a mostly pink blanket since I still have a lot of that... And I wanted a candy themed blanket with soft colours of all kinds.... I guess I have to look around for some more blue...

No comments: