Friday 17 June 2016

Finished Friday again and more baby gifts

Are you tired of baby-things yet? I hope not, because in my endeavour at getting better at crocheting and designing things I though it good to start small and you don't get any smaller than with baby things...

As I told you earlier, I used one of the baby jackets as size measurements and started on a sort of vest for a baby. It was supposed to be a jacket, but I didn't have enough yarn for the arms and I kind of had no idea how to make it as I wanted so I opted for cute litte wing-like things instead.


Here I am sporting a lovely bracelet of Drops Merino. It was rather useful to hang my yarn on my and when I was halfway through the yarn so it didn't fall off the sofa as often.
#yarnholder


Here I was the other day.

And here it is finished, tadah!

I have no idea what size it is, because small babies are hard to come by for size comparison, but I am guessing 3 month?


As you can see it is pretty much the same size as the jacket. Now it only needs a button and a fastening hem thing. And a baby inside, but for now I will just put it in my baby-gift box and hope someone comes a long to wear it. And in the meantime I am making more clothes so that I will get better at it, because this is rather sorry looking even if it is kind of cute. But hey, I designed it, sort of so I am kind of proud of it anyway.

The jacket weighed 78 and the vest 95, so almost two balls of Baby Merino from Drops...
Now what to make with the leftovers....


No comments: