Wednesday 19 October 2016

Wedding Blanket Squares Thirty-Four


I adore this square, at first I changed colours on the second row of the hearts but thought it near impossible to see that they were supposed to be hearts then so I ripped it out and did the heart all in one colour and I love the effect of it.
This is I think one of my favourite squares in this whole blanket. I want to make a whole blanket using just this square. Or another blanket with just the heart squares.
Love those hearts!

29 grams and 21x21 cm, this square were one of the faster ones to crochet.

Into this square we made clusters and small picots in between regular dc-stitches which is the last medium turquoise row, and I sort of think those too look like hearts. I opted to stitch trough my picots to attach them, and I think *Kio chose not to. Either way looks good, I just thought less things to stick up would mean less chance of something getting entangled into the blanket later...

We used a variations of the heart rows from this square when making the border around the blanket.

*Kio's square.
I Love her colours, her square looks so crisp and clear and inviting.

No comments: