Wednesday 27 April 2016

A-Z Challenge W

W is for Wips or Wisps


If we follow my UFO reasoning I don't have many UFOs but I would have a ton of Wips and Wisps...
A Wip is a work in progress and a Wisp is a work in slow progress (which is why I think a UFO is something you have given up on rather than just something that isn't finished yet)

So would you like to see my ton of Wips and Wisps? Here are my crochet Wips and Wisps, a skirt, one afghan, three baby blankets and one lapghan. Maybelle squares that might turn into a blanket, a shawl that I am unsure if I still have the pattern for, one finished and one started mitt, and a scarf/shawl depending on how much yarn I have. All in all, not that many projects on the go, and I have finished some of my longer Wisps lately, like the baby bunny blanket. I have another wip though  that I didn't take a photo of which is Mister M's vest.


Not too many projects right? Some that are easily portable, some that require brainpower and some that is just a breeze to crochet, I usually do these when I have company over or when M and I watch TV.
So 11 wips and wisps, but I am not quite sure where it turns into a wisp, I think that the colourful lapghan might be my only real wisps as all the others have had a stitch or two added this year....

*
Then there are the cross stitch things I have found so far, there may be a couple of others....

Some small cards, some bigger things, mostly bunnies and some are presents that I want to finish. Frederick is on black aida so I have given up doing him when it is too dark, but here in this apartment I have lots of light so it might be time to take him forward in the pile, just need to finish some of those smaller ones first I think.
16 cross stitches, and I know I have five more starts somewhere in the office.....
I think only two of these have gotten any stitches this  year so they are all wisps.... I will need to finish two before I can start something new, that is the policy and we will see how well it works over the next few weeks. Please cheer me on.

Regarding knitting, I only have three starts, one blanket, one sitting pad and one jacket so I didn't take any out to take pictures of today. I wonder which of those will be finished first... I have promised hats and socks and perhaps mittens for Christmast this year so those might be bumped up their queue...

Do you have more wips than me or do you feel appalled by my startisis and lack of stamina to see things through? I have seen some who actually have more starts than me, thankfully, I sometimes feel like I am a lost case.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Going to miss your abc blog! Really enjoying it. You have more wip than me but I finished some before baby came along. I think at least yours are selected crafts. I have a friend who was doing x stitch when I met her, then moved to crochet, then some paper card crafting after that it was quilting, then knitting, colouring and she is talking about doing arigumi (probably spelt wrong) and was doing adult dot to dot the other day. For each of those crafts she has many unfinished works (maybe they are ufo... I haven't asked). The amounts of quilts and knitted stuff she has started and not finished is amazing!

Vilje Vanilje said...

Thank you, maybe next year I will do it again:) And you could join in. I do try to blog regularly but it might not be as exiting as the abc one? Let me know if you have any ideas on what you would like to read ^^
Good job on finishing some off, now with the baby I am sure finishing might be harder.
I have on purpose not started any new hobbies, I would have loved making dolls and doll houses but that would mean a ton of new materials so I have been firm and stuck with my top three. But I do have all types of paint and pencils from when I did art school in a drawer somewhere I just don't use them as often. Husband thinks I have way too much stuff as my hobbies are everywhere, but he has lots of hobbies too so I guess we are even.